If you want to be close to all of the action during your Smoky Mountain vacation, you just can’t beat a Gatlinburg condo near downtown. At Highlands Condos, all of our properties are less than ten minutes from the heart of the city. Here are seven advantages you will enjoy when you stay close to downtown:
1. Countless Attractions From your home away from home near downtown, you'll have access to all of Gatlinburg's fun and fascinating attractions. From the amazing observation deck of the Gatlinburg Space Needle to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, there's something for everyone here. For some great suggestions, check out our blog about the top 5 Gatlinburg attractions within a 10 minute drive of Highlands Condos.
2. Live Music Downtown Gatlinburg offers a variety of incredible musical experiences. Depending upon where you go, you're likely to hear country, bluegrass, blues, and old fashioned rock and roll. The Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery frequently has free musical performances, and Three Jimmy’s restaurant offers a mix of live bands, open mic nights, and karaoke. During the winter and summer months, downtown Gatlinburg hosts Smoky Mountains Tunes and Tales, a series of free concerts and shows. When you stay at a Gatlinburg condo near downtown, it’s easy to take advantage of the area’s awesome live music scene.
3. Fantastic Dining Downtown Gatlinburg is a paradise for people who love food. Whether you're looking for an excellent salad bar with all the fresh fixings, or are hoping for a taste of authentic southern BBQ, you'll find it here. Visitors can expect to find fantastic steaks, scrumptious desserts, and mouthwatering pizzas. One of our favorite places to eat is the Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill. Remember, our Gatlinburg condos come with fully furnished kitchens, so you can conveniently store and reheat leftovers!
4. Special Events Gatlinburg hosts great events in every season, so there's almost always something special going on in the area. In the spring you might attend Gatlinburg Improv Fest or the Smoky Mountain Wildflower Pilgrimage. Come a little later in the year to enjoy the Fourth of July fireworks or the Songwriters Festival. There's also a Fine Arts Festival in early October. When you stay close to downtown Gatlinburg, there is truly no bad time to visit.
5. Moonshine Distilleries Many years ago, the Smoky Mountains were a popular spot for people to make moonshine - unaged whiskey that was sold without a license. Today, downtown Gatlinburg is home to a number of legal moonshine distilleries, including Doc Collier Moonshine, Sugarlands Distilling Company, and Ole Smoky Moonshine. Stop by the distillery to take a tour, try some free samples, and take home a jar or two to enjoy back at your condo!
6. The Shopping! We can't neglect to mention the numerous unique stores and boutiques that you'll find only in downtown Gatlinburg. If you're looking for a one-of-a-kind souvenir, Gatlinburg's shops are the place to find it. Don’t forget to pick up something for your friends and family back home!
7. Amazing Condos Of course, the best reason of all for staying in one of our downtown Gatlinburg properties is the condos themselves. Guests can choose from an assortment of excellent one, two, and three bedroom condos. Each of our condos is equipped with modern amenities, yet retains that cozy, homelike feel that you'd expect in Gatlinburg. Gourmet kitchens, luxurious bathrooms, soothing whirlpool tubs, and toasty stone fireplaces and are just a few features that make our condos the best accommodations in the Smoky Mountains. Visit our Gatlinburg Condo Reviews and Testimonials page to see what previous guests have said about staying at a Gatlinburg condo near downtown!