Spring is finally here in the Smoky Mountains, and we couldn’t be more excited! With warmer weather, beautiful natural scenery, and lots of special events, spring is the ideal time to plan a getaway in East Tennessee. Highlands Condos has put together a convenient guide with six things everyone should know about taking a spring vacation at a 2 bedroom condo in Gatlinburg.
1. 2 Bedroom Condos are Versatile While we offer condos of various sizes, our 2 bedroom units are the most versatile. This is the perfect vacation rental for a family or a group of friends. Guests can choose either single floor units or two floor townhouses that offer even more room. Our 2 bedroom condos sleep between four and six people, so you can pick the unit that is right for your group.
2. The Benefits of Renting a Condo A condo in Gatlinburg has several advantages over other lodging options. Unlike most hotel rooms, guests will enjoy a fully furnished kitchen, so they can whip up something tasty right in their condo instead of eating out for every meal. In addition to great amenities, our condos also boast an incredible location minutes away from downtown Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. All of our units offer incredible views of the mountains, without the isolation and steep roads that come with staying at a cabin. Highlands Condos offers the best of both worlds: a beautiful natural setting that is still close to civilization.
3. The Gatlinburg Area is Full of Outdoor Activities Spring is the time to get outdoors and get active. The Gatlinburg area offers many opportunities for visitors to enjoy fresh air and exercise. Our condos are only a short drive from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which offers over 800 miles of hiking trails for all skill levels. Other outdoor sports that are nearby include horseback riding, fishing, golfing, rafting, zip lining, kayaking, and mountain biking. These activities are especially fun in spring, when the weather in the Smoky Mountain region is near perfect, with average temperatures during the day around 70 °F.
4. Gatlinburg Hosts Many Spring Events While there is plenty to do in the Smoky Mountains throughout the year, there are quite a few special events that are held in the spring, such asEarth Week, which runs from April 20 to April 24. This week of activities includes an Earth Day Festival on April 23 at Mynatt Park (3 - 7 p.m.) and a 5K Run/Walk on April 24 in downtown Gatlinburg (10 p.m.). Next month, you can enjoy a traditional Appalachian celebration when the Beans and Cornbread Festival returns to downtown Gatlinburg on May 14. This popular festival features bluegrass music, games, and, of course, plenty of beans and cornbread!
5. A Spring Vacation in Gatlinburg is Perfect For Relaxation A 2 bedroom condo in Gatlinburg provides a relaxing environment that lets you forget about all of the stresses of everyday life. All of our condos come with whirlpool tubs, where you can soak and soothe your muscles. Taking advantage of your condo’s private balcony is another great way to unwind. With the all of the trees and wildflowers in bloom, the view from the Highlands is absolutely spectacular in the spring.
6. A Gatlinburg Vacation is Ideal for Families with Kids The Smoky Mountain area is fun for people of all ages. If you have kids, you’ll find that there are many family friendly activities nearby. Guests at our condos are only a short drive from all of the best attractions, such as Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, the Gatlinburg Space Needle, the Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery, the Gatlinburg Sky Lift, Davy Crockett Mini-Golf, and many more. Follow the link to learn about five of our favorite attractions within a ten minute drive of Highlands Condos!