After the end of the holiday season, winter can seem a bit dreary and depressing. The perfect way to spice up the season is a getaway in Gatlinburg, Tennessee! Throughout the winter months, the Great Smoky Mountains area continues to be a hugely popular destination for family fun and relaxation. To help you make the most of your vacation, Highlands Condos has put together a list of six things we love about staying in a two bedroom Gatlinburg condo this winter.
1. Two Bedroom Condos are Extremely Versatile With room for between four and six guests, our two bedroom condos in Gatlinburg are perfect for just about everyone. Whether you are planning a getaway with a large family, two smaller families, or a group of friends, you will find the perfect accommodations in our two bedroom units. Guests can choose between our gorgeous townhouses or one of our spectacular single floor condos. No matter which one you pick, you will find spacious living rooms, open kitchens, and two full bathrooms.
2. Gatlinburg is Never Far Away Did you know that the city of Gatlinburg is just a day’s drive from 66% of the nation’s population? Located in beautiful East Tennessee, Gatlinburg is a favorite spot for people looking for a convenient getaway in the South. If you are too far away to drive, Gatlinburg is only an hour from McGhee Tyson Airport in Knoxville.
3. A Chance to Relax and Unwind When you stay in a Gatlinburg condo this winter, you will have a chance to relax in one of the nation’s most scenic locations. From your condo’s balcony, you can take in stunning views of the snowcapped Smoky Mountains and the glittering city lights of downtown Gatlinburg. Surrounded by natural beauty, our condos are a great alternative to a sterile hotel room in the middle of a bustling city.
4. Perfect For Bringing the Kids Our two bedroom condos are ideal for parents who are vacationing with kids. With children and parents in separate rooms, everyone has enough space and privacy. Bedrooms are equipped with cable TV and wireless internet, so kids can enjoy their own entertainment while parents can watch what they prefer. The Gatlinburg area is filled with attractions and businesses that kids absolutely love, including pancake restaurants, mini golf courses, fudge shops, and Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
5. Close to Skiing and Other Winter Sports When you stay at Highlands Condos, you will only be a short drive from the area’s premier skiing and winter sports destination, Ober Gatlinburg. This popular ski resort and amusement park is open all year round. During the winter, however, it is especially appealing for people who enjoy skiing, snowboarding, tubing, or ice skating. There are trails for people of all levels of experience, and lessons are also available. Another favorite activity at Ober Gatlinburg is the Aerial Tramway, an incredibly scenic cable car ride that takes visitors from downtown Gatlinburg to the ski resort.
6. A Healthy and Wholesome Environment Staying in a two bedroom Gatlinburg condo isn’t just fun; it’s good for your health too! Guests at the Highlands will enjoy access to our onsite saunas and whirlpool tubs, which are great for relaxing and opening your pores. If you want to continue working out on vacation, you can take advantage our excellent fitness center. Our condos are right around the corner from the world famous Great Smoky Mountains National Park, so guests will also have endless opportunities to go for a hike and get plenty of fresh air. To learn more about everything East Tennessee has to offer, check out our Gatlinburg Info page!