Getting away to the Smoky Mountains is a great way to celebrate Easter with your family! The Highlands has put together a list of the top five perks of spending your holiday at a condo rental in Gatlinburg.
1. Spring Scenery in the Smoky Mountains Early spring is one of the most beautiful times of year to visit the Great Smoky Mountains. Temperatures are rising, wildflowers are blooming, and there is a sense of excitement in the air. When you take an Easter vacation at The Highlands, you’ll be able to enjoy spectacular views of the spring scenery right from your condo’s private balcony. Be sure to bring your camera so you can show your friends and family back home the incredible views!
2. Gatlinburg Easter Events The city of Gatlinburg hosts a number of Easter events that are popular with vacationers and locals alike. The Great Smoky Easter Arts & Crafts Show will take place from April 2 - April 4, 2015 at the Gatlinburg Convention Center. This Smoky Mountain tradition is a great opportunity to find locally made handcrafted gifts and to meet artists and artisans from the area. Visitors looking for a unique way to celebrate the holiday should attend the Annual Easter Sunrise Service at the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort. Beginning at 6:30 a.m. on April 5, this inspirational service takes place atop Mt. Harrison as the sun rises over the mountains. Highlands Condos are just a short drive to Ober, or guests can take advantage of the free tram rides departing from downtown Gatlinburg starting at 5:45 a.m.
3. A More Relaxing Holiday Let’s face it, holidays can be stressful! People often spend hours organizing and cleaning the house to prepare for company. When you spend Easter at a condo rental in Gatlinburg, you can enjoy a much more tranquil celeration. Getting away for Easter means that you can choose exactly who you want to spend the holiday with. Guests can rent a one bedroom condo for a quiet romantic retreat, or you can celebrate with the whole family in a three bedroom condo that sleeps eight. All of our condos come with fully furnished kitchens, so you can prepare a traditional holiday dinner. However, there are no obligations to cook because you’ll find many area restaurants that are open and serving Easter specials.
4. Opportunities to Spend Time Outdoors Spring is the time of year when it’s fun to get outside and enjoy nature, and there’s no better place to do this than the Gatlinburg area. Visitors will find plenty of opportunities to take in the area’s natural beauty, whether you prefer driving, hiking, horseback riding, or even ziplining. If you want to explore the Smoky Mountains but don’t feel comfortable hitting the trails by yourself, you can even take a professional guided hiking tour of the national park!
5. Many Exciting Attractions You may want to spend a quiet Easter sunday with your family, but if you stay the weekend or longer, you’ll have plenty of time to take in some of the region's many sights and attractions. A wonderful place to bring the whole family is Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, which contains more than 10,000 amazing sea creatures. In nearby Pigeon Forge, you will find the famous Dollywood theme park, which opens for the season on March 21. For more suggestions on things to do, check out our blog with the top five Gatlinburg attractions within a 10 minute drive of Highlands Condos. Contact our friendly vacation specialists today to start planning your Easter vacation at a condo rental in Gatlinburg!